Wednesday, January 26, 2011

MR. TOLEDANO

There's a great interview with one of my favorite photographers, Phil Toledano, over at A Photo Editor from last week. Here's a little slice:

"For me, part of being an artist is understanding that at some point, there’s going to be an audience. I’m not interested in doing stuff only for myself, if it would end up only in my closet. I have to make the art that I make, but the second part of the equation is that there are going to be people who want to look at it. For me, I’ve always wanted to do stuff that speaks to people, that addresses issues, that talks about the world we live in, that makes people feel things. I remember saying, even when I was a kid, that if I could just make stuff that made people think differently about stuff, then I would feel happy."

-Phil Toledano

No comments:

Post a Comment