Friday, February 13, 2009

FUN IN THE SUN (CITY, AZ)

I'm leaving for the Arizona desert in a couple of days - Sun City to be exact.  For anyone that doesn't know about Sun City, it's the largest community of retired citizens in the US - it's an ENTIRE city of people over the age of 65.  Every photographer's dream right?  Manicured lawns, golf carts, desert flora, seniors.  I've been brushing up on my shuffleboard game and am expecting to have quite a good time.  My good friend and fellow photographer Jason Roque - who basically made the trip happen due to the fact that we'll be staying inside the retirement community with some of his family - will also be coming. I've wanted to visit Sun City for about 2 years and only recently came across Peter Granser's work of the retirement community.  This seems to happen often - finding that a photographer has already done something I've been thinking of.  Granser's book captures the essence of the town wonderfully and regardless of the fact that this idea is not original for me, I'm looking forward to what I can find there.


© Peter Granser

2 comments:

  1. Stephen!!!! I found you! I'm going to make myself a regular blogger (again) as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely blog.

    Keep up the good work.

    A mom from the bizymoms Sun-city community.

    ReplyDelete